Cleanse the frames regularly with a solution of lukewarm water and mild detergent using a squeegee or cloth or with a standard bristled brush. After that, coat the Aluminum frame with premium-grade automobile wax. It buffs them up and, further protects them.
Cleaning Tips for Aluminum Windows and Doors
1. Remove the obstinate markings on the powder-coated surface with a non-abrasive cream cleanser or paraffin-based cleaner. Strong chlorinated cleansers or those containing hydrocarbons, esters, or other abrasive polish should never be used under any circumstance.
2. Any deposit or mark for a prolonged time may damage the metal, so the frequency of cleansing is a big factor. Normally, it should be conducted once in three months. However, depending on the geographical location, pollution, and environment (whether residential, marine, or industrial) the period between the cleaning should be altered.
3. Mildews cause pitting. Remove them once developed (procedure mentioned below).
4. In the case of anodized finished frames, you can use ink rubber to remove the stubborn marks.
Maintenance Tips for Aluminum Windows and Doors
1. Maintaining the tracks – Brush the dirt and gravel out of the channels in which the sashes slide and door sill with a stiff-bristled brush. It is essential to clean the tracks of the Aluminum Sliding and Bifolding Doors so that they run slickly. You can also use a vacuum cleaner with a nozzle attachment to do this.
2. Lubrication – Lubricate the channels with silicone-based lubricants and restrain unforeseen corrosion.
3. Removing the mildews from the frames – In case you find tiny mildews grown up on the exterior of the aluminum frames. Mix 1/3 cup of powder detergent, 2/3 cup Trisodium Phosphate with little domestic bleach and 3 quarts of water and rinse with a soft brush and wash with clear water. If you see bubbles developing after you apply the anti-mildew solution it means it is working.
(Note – Protect your skin and eyes while applying anti-mildew solution)
4. Locks – To ensure optimal performance of the locking system of the Aluminum Windows and Doors, the profile cylindrical locks and the keys need to be cleared and lubricated regularly. Apply some light lubricating oil like WD-40 to the key and put it in and out of the lock a few times so that the oil passes into the locking system. Best if done every 3 months.
We hope to be able to guide you along with cleaning and maintaining your Oridow Aluminum Windows and Doors. Any queries you have or if you are still facing difficulty operating the Aluminum Windows or Doors smoothly after trying all the remedies mentioned, don’t hesitate to call us at 8659188037851. Our expert team would be glad to assist you and may further arrange an engineer’s visit.
Kindly do not force on your Oridow Aluminum Windows or Doors, any damage caused by such effort is not covered by our warranty.